Independent, evidence-based classes that help you build your confidence in birth and early parenting and provide information on all your options to enable you to make your own informed choices. Small group classes in Galway city, and one-to-one classes in the comfort of your home (online or in person) are available.
Tara is a fully trained and licensed Cuidiú Antenatal Ireland Childbirth Educator, accredited by Fedant (Federation of Antenatal Educators).
Birth & Early Parenting Preparation Courses
Running over two half-days or one full day, these small group courses offer expecting parents time to ask questions and discuss concerns, to practice skills and to get to know the other parents. They include
- Realistic information about what happens during labour and birth
- Your full range of choices and options
- Comfort measures and pain management techniques
- Medical pain relief options (benefits, risks, alternatives)
- Possible complications and common interventions and ways to avoid them
- Informed decision making skills
- Partner support skills and knowledge, for birth and beyond
- Nurturing your newborn and yourself in the early days and weeks, including infant behaviour, breastfeeding and the transition to parenthood
- Information on local services and supports in the community
- Membership to Cuidiú parent support network included.
Upcoming Course Dates
Weekend Courses (2 x 1/2days) @ SoulMoves Galway, Knocknacarra
April 29th/30th 10am-2pm – Click here to book
Cost: €180 (includes partner)
Cuidiú Lottery-Grant Funded one-day courses @ The Ardilaun Hotel, Taylor’s Hill
March 26th 2023 – Click here to book
Cost: €50 (subsidised, normally €180, cost includes partner)
Enquire about more upcoming dates: email@example.com or 0862328229
Breastfeeding and Refresher Workshops and 1:1 Birth & Early Parenting Preparation Courses are also available in person and on Zoom. ENQUIRIES to Tara at 086.232.8229 or firstname.lastname@example.org